Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Little Willie John - Fever:The Best Of Little Willie John (USA 1993)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review




After my little post on Little Willie John and Jack White I wanted to hear a bit more of this fellow's music and so tracked down this set that is considered to be the best compilation covering Little Willie John's short recording career. A wonderful blend of classic blues, jazz, soul and pop all blended to give us the classic sound of 50s R N' B. There is nothing today that can compare with this music, it is just fabulous and Little Willie is just a stunning soul belter. The highlight is still the magnificent " I'm Shakin' " and apart from the odd slower croon, of which I don't enjoy as much, the rest of this collection is not  too far behind in quality. A couple of tracks were familiar due to hearing others versions and of course we all know "Fever" well. Rating 4/5.

No comments: