Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication (USA 1999)

Uncle Roddus CD Of The Week.



I dragged this one of my CD shelf for review this week but am having a hard time finding the motivation  to listen to it what with all the John Zorn and Sun Ra CDs that have turned up this week and with that being the type of music that is moving me right now this just seems far less interesting. Immensely commercial pop/rock from the Chili Peppers with a couple of tracks that probably 2/3's of the human race is familiar with and this is considered one of their best albums. I don't mind this music but it seems really tame nowadays and less likely to get played much  with my attention elsewhere. Rating 3/5 would reflect my overall feeling for this album in the long term but probably less at this moment in time.

No comments: