Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Osmium - Relentless, Primal Being (New Zealand 2008)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review




And Now for something considerably different.
Staying in Invercargill with this next acquisition and found on the same day, same shop as the one below, this is another band that I stumbled across on my blogging travels and as they were a Kiwi band, I decided to check them out.
Self released on their own Osmium Records, this thunderously heavy riff monster of an album probably won't see too much world wide distribution. Which is a shame really, as it is a quality slab of New Zealand Metal. Not outstanding, but competent and accomplished, as well as being well recorded. Average vocals but plenty of enjoyable guitar riffing. Pretty standard Metal fare in the Pantera/Metellica vein, probably has some specific Metal genre nomenclature, but I am not too sure which category it would fit into. Speed/thrash are the strongest themes here. My rating 3.5/5


No comments: