Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sex Pistols - Nevermind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols (UK 1977)

Roddus Album Of The Day


   


This Review has been prompted by watching a video of "Pretty Vacant" on YouTube this morning. Unbelievably, I don't even own an actual copy of this classic at present, mainly because I have all the songs on the "Kiss This" CD. Are the Pistols and their raw, snotty firebrand version of basic Rock N' Roll still relevant after 33 years for this 40 something male Caucasian. The answer is a huge resounding YES. The emotions triggered by this music this morning are a combination of pure nostalgia and bliss from the raw energy of this music. I haven't heard this stuff for some time and yet still I find this so uplifting and energising, just as it has been in the past when I have been down, even though the lyrical subjects are fairly cynical. It's the awesome monster riffs of Steve,  the punky attitude of Johnny, the excellent song writing of Glen, all held together by Paul's relentless drumming. I properly can't say much about this album that hasn't already been said over the years but I have a lump in my throat and a tear of joy in my eye as my ears are assaulted by this wall of blissful noise that changed the face of  popular music forever. The image of Johnny Rotten in the "Pretty Vacant" video with his snotty, cool, nonchalant pose, dark glasses and the best  fucken T-shirt ever worn by a rock musician, speaks volumes of the attitude of these guys and their music. Compulsory listening for any body interested in "Rock" music and  do hope that the younger generation are discovering this legendary band. The Roddusometer is totally off the scale for this one 5+/5.


No comments: