Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, November 30, 2012

Shearwater - Animal Life (USA 2012)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review.



Considering the range of music I listen to and the weirdness of some of my favourite artists, you still can't beat a top quality, well constructed album of straight ahead pop/rock. Since getting back into Uncut Magazine earlier this year, I have purchased some really great new albums and this one is very near the best of the lot(along with The Alabama Shakes debut album). Tinged with electronics and most numbers purring along at a steady moderate tempo are 11 impressive tracks of blissful indie pop that the Americans are so good at nowadays.  Jonathan Meiburg's vocals are very impressive and the best song here is the steamrolling " Immaculate" which is up there with Pearl Jam's "Rear View Mirror" as far as great songs go.I Haven't given this album as much attention as it deserves but I can safely award it a rating of 5/5.

No comments: