Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Uchihashi Kazuhisa & Yoshida Tatsuya - Barisshee (Tzadik 2012)

A recent arrival from Tzadik Records.




My first New Japan Release from Tzadik and it fits quite well along side the previous reviewed John Zorn release. A duo of Drums and guitar are gonna have to work pretty hard to keep one interested across a whole album, but these guys, like Zorn and Moore, pull it off wonderfully. The sort of thing that needs concentration to appreciate it fully and I find that easier on the headphones. This album arrived along with several other Tzadik releases and is the one that has most immediately captured my attention and although there are plenty of interesting guitar pyrotechnics going on here it is the frenetic drumming that has really caught my ears, most impressive. Another quality Tzadik release from some seriously talented musos and get a rating of 4/5.

No comments: