Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Mt Oxford - 24 August 2019

Uncle Roddus Tramping Diary: Tramp No 165
Mt Oxford 24 August 2019


OMG again..... A tramp. It's been awhile. Last years attempt to get back into tramping petered out after three lovely trips. Kinda got busy with other things and also lack of money seems to put a block on things but my intention to tramp was still festering. Recently I thought about getting my hands in another set of walking poles. I had used them for a while a few years back but when they broke I didn't replace them. I was thinking they might help me with my back issues and many people in the club use poles. I found out about some good poles from the US and managed to get them on sale for about $30US and after postage they were still much cheaper than the poles for sale here.
 Anyhow, the poles arrived but I had not yet committed to getting back into the hills when one Friday a post on Facebook came up where a couple of Club friends were going to go up Mt Oxford the next day. Mt Oxford is right on my door step and I would be good to catch up with the people concerned. I messaged Kerrie of my desire to join the trip and rushed about getting ready for the day out.
  Meet Kerrie at the Coopers Creek Carpark about about 8:30am to find she was   alone as Susan wasn't feeling up to the trip that day. So with my new poles, Kerrie and I set off past the Scout hut and took the direct route up the Mount. I have done this hill plenty of times now so we just went to the top and straight back the same way. The snow on top was not too deep but crampons did help with the last part of the climb and even more so coming back down. The wind was bitter on top so we didn't linger too long. A nice warm up trip with pleasant company.






No comments: