Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, September 8, 2002

Mt Thomas 8th September 2002

Uncle Roddus Tramping diary: Tramp no. 9
Mt Thomas 8th September 2002



We were having such a great spring that year as another fine warm day greeted me on another of the local mountains hereabouts and a revisit to the mt Thomas area, the scene of Tramp No.1 nearly two years ago.
This was my first trip actually up onto Mt Thomas itself as I headed again up the Wooded gully track to make the junction of No's 1 & 2 tracks. This time I headed east up onto Mt Thomas and made the summit in 2 hours.
Came back down the No.1 track through the pine forest, the lower half of which had recently been logged, so was difficult to know where the track was and not a pretty sight either. This track was pretty steep. Made the car from the summit in just over 1 hour so a relatively short walk and again a solo effort.

No comments: