Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Inception 31-7-10


 Another movie that seemed to appear out of nowhere, probably because I don't have my finger on the pulse of such things. Several friends had seen it and were raving about it on facebook and after seeing the ads on TV I figured I would have to check it out.
 Right from the go this fast paced flick challenges you to stay  focused and watch carefully if you want to keep up with whats happening and what is reality within the movie and what is a dream.The Psychological concepts of dreams within dreams within dreams and ideas and beliefs being extracted or inserted into someones subconscious is novel, interesting and challenging to keep track of. I found it quite fascinating. The story itself was ok and as usual you had to suspend your belief in several scenes even within a film based on an unlikely concept. Of course the visual effects were pretty spectacular if somewhat over the top in their depiction of dreams.My biggest gripe of this movie in the pretty young student heroine, who is the architect of the dreams, who looks about 14, but has the wisdom and experience of someone about 40. Otherwise I really enjoyed Inception and defiantly recommend  it for 21/2 hours of great escapism. Rating 3.5/5.

No comments: