Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ryde Falls - 5th Febuary 2011

Uncle Roddus Tramping diary:Tramp No.99
Ryde Falls - 5th Febuary 2011
The Ryde Falls track starts only 5 minutes drive from home at Coopers Creek. A nice amble of about 2 hours one way through the black beech of Oxford forest. The day was warm but low clouds shrouded most of Mt Oxford as Aunty Roddus and I left the car and headed off along the well formed track to this lovely waterfall which I have visited several times, but this was Aunty's first. We made good time to the falls, in just under two hours where we had a snack by the campsite at the junction of the two west branches of Coopers Creek. We then headed up to view the waterfall, just 2 minutes walk from the campsite. After the photo shoot, Aunty was eager to head back, but I wanted to get some more shots of the falls. She headed off and i climbed up the steep track beside the falls onto the area above the falls. It is difficult to get any good shots of the top part of the falls, as they are almost inaccessible but the area above the falls is beautiful. I didn't stick around too ling as Aunty was getting too far ahead of me, so I scrambled back down and set off at a brisk pace to try and catch her. It took me 45 minutes to catch up and my time getting out was just over 1 1/2 hours. Went home and rested for the afternoon watching the Wellington Rugby Sevens. 
Coopers Creek near the campsite

Ryde falls Campsite

Track to the Falls from camp

The lower tier of the falls

The best shot I could get of the whole falls.

The area above the Falls

The track in from the carpark.

 

No comments: