Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, January 31, 2011

Mt Sommers Challange - 30th January 2011

Uncle Roddus Tramping diary:Tramp No. 98
Mt Sommers Challenge - 30th January 2011
3rd year of the Christchurch Tramping Clubs Round Mt Sommers Challenge. 25KM 1600m height gain, not the hardest tramp I  have done, but when you are trying to do it as fast as possible, makes for a challenging day. I can't quite believe it been a year since the last one, where did it go? I don't have a hope in hell of getting near the fastest guys, who tramp it in under 6 hours but I just have to have a crack at beating the good time of 4:46:27 from last year. I wasn't feeling the fittest and was pretty sure I couldn't top that time this year. I did get closer than I thought I would with a time of 7:05:00. I did get held up on Staverly Hill with the gale Nor'west and had to sit tight for several minutes to avoid being blown off the mountain and I was a bit too sore to give it the big downhill effort at the end so lost time there as well. Still a pretty good effort overall and I am suffering for it today.

No comments: