Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, December 16, 2011

Paul McCartney - Back In The World (2002)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review




Had this playing on the ipod for a couple of weeks, a couple of months back and must say that I really enjoyed it. And why wouldn't I, as I really dig the Beatles and I also have enjoyed some of Paul's solo stuff as well as Wings. Pretty much a hits set with the later excellent "Calico Skies" thrown in as well. All the songs are played pretty straight by an excellent band and being the first Live set I have heard of this material, it was a most enjoyable experience to hear these songs that I grew up with and are etched in my subconscious. Hearing probably 30,000 Mexicans singing along to "Hey Jude" in the 21st Century brings a lump to my throat for the shear power and longevity of that song. I would love to see Paul and band play a concert of this material in person, even though it is very polished and commercial but the songs, especially the Beatles material, is just so awesome. Who else would we want to see playing this stuff in the 21st Century. A Rolddus rating of 4.5/5

No comments: