Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, July 8, 2013

ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (USA 1973)

New CD arrival




With long long working hours comes lotsa more money and with spare cash comes lotsa CDs, so many so that they kinda derailed my reviewing schedule somewhat.
Anyhow, this is one that I had on record or cassette sometime back and I have finally replaced it on CD.
It is one that was very hip with my crowd back in the days and it still impresses today.
Some records just ooze "Cool", it seeps from every note, every beat, every vocal inflection, total attitude, we're talking Fonzi cool here. One of the "Coolest" songs ever was Bowie's "Suffragette City" and one of the "Coolest" albums ever is this early beauty from the legendary ZZ Top.
Awesome Texas boogie blues rock with some of the "Coolest" vibes ever committed to tape. I still dig this album totally. Rating 5/5

No comments: