Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Flock Hill/Cave Stream 11 January 2015



This first short trip out for the year, although a club trip, was not strictly speaking, a tramp. More of an exploration. Cave Stream is a DOC scenic reserve with an easily negotiable cave just under 600 M long. It had been on my to do list for quite some time. As an added bonus and to fill in some more of the day(as the cave walk only takes about 1 hour) The trip leader got permission to go wombeling about amongst the rock tors of flock hill, where the "Chronicles of Narnia" was filmed several years ago. This is all similar to The Castle Hill rocks and I will let the pictures describe how cool this area is. I didn't get any photos in the cave as it is a bit of a wet trip and my camera ain't waterproof. There is a picture of the cave mouth at the bottom of the following photos.































No comments: