Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, October 10, 2011

Johnny Copeland - Catch Up With The Blues (USA 1993)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review



I had to make a quick trip to the Earthquake ravaged city last week and while there had sufficient time for a quick browse at my favourite CD emporium, of which there are not too many left now, and was fortunate enough to come across a couple more of those Gitanes releases, of which I mentioned a few reviews back, in the second hand blues section. Another quality contemporary blues album with full band including brass section and  backing singers. This is the second Copeland release I have found on Gitanes and I am finding this one as enjoyable as the other one. There is not too much to say about this album as it is a fairly generic example of the genre and Copeland is an accomplished exponent of the style. So if you like well recorded, well executed, standard modern blues then I give this the thumbs up. Rating 3.5/5  

No comments: