Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Eagles Of Death Metal - Peace Love Death Metal (USA 2004)

A Band With a Cool Name.




I was chatting to a mate the other day while on a tramp and this band was mentioned, so I dusted off my copy of their debut album and had another listen. I originally bought this because it is a spin off band of Queens of The Stoneage and I was right into them at the time. So this album will probably appeal to QOTSA fans. It is a cool groovy blend of grungy stoner rock and will not at all satisfy Death Metal fans. I wouldn't say this is an outstanding album, it is a set  of very competent songs from some quality musos but kinda sounds all the same on casual listening. The other day I struggled to connect with it but am enjoying it more tonight on the headphones. Some good guitar riffing going down. Rating 3/5.

No comments: