Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Various Artists - Pebbles Volumes 1-10 (USA 1960s)

New Arrivals






















Sixties Garage Rock bliss with the first 10 volumes of the legendary Pebbles compilations arriving in the post last week. I have mentioned before that the first two volumes I had on vinyl way back in my younger days and they were important collections for me and my peer group. Chocked full of what are now for me classics, it is wall to wall bliss listening to those first volumes again now, with volume one kicking things off with my all time favourite Garage Rock track, the mighty "Action Woman" by The Litter. After all the garage comps I have heard since, this song has never  been topped. The Pebbles series extended to around 20 volumes with over a hundred related compilations but the first 10 are enough for me and as I said you'd be hard pressed to top the first volumes. The other eight volumes I have are new to my ears but with repeated exposure I am sure that many more classics will be introduced to my ears from what I have heard so far. For classic 60s teen Rock N' Roll you can't beat Pebbles.Rating Vol. 1&2 5/5 the rest to be determined.

No comments: