Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Bachelorette - My Electric Family - Drag City DC397 - USA/New Zealand 2009


Bachelorette is the vehicle for the musical output of one Annabel Alpers, from my hometown of Christchurch. I have come late to her output but have managed to pick up about three of her releases on vinyl from the now defunct Galaxy Records shop in Christchurch.
 My Electric Family is the second of four albums she put out between 2007 and 2011 and what a wonderful slab of beautifully constructed chamber pop it is, great melodies from her lovely vocal delivery backed with intricate electronic instrumentation that has coalesced into a strong album of wonderful pop music. In an Ideal world this is the sort of pop music our radio stations would be playing. No weak tracks here just wonderfully consistent quality. Roddus Rating of 4/5.

No comments: