Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Humphress & Keen - The Overflow - Sweat Pea Sounds SWEET PEA LP 01 - New Zealand 2009



Graham Humphreys and Peter Keen were members of the Flying Nun Band, The Abel Tasmans who put out four albums between 1986 and 1995. They got together for this sole release from 2009, another limited edition release that has been ignored by almost everybody, as I was still able to pick up a copy fairly recently from their bandcamp page, although I think I may have got one of the final copies.
  This is and will be a New Zealand classic. A wonderful pop record of epic proportions, brilliant detail, catchy, awesomely creative, and so much to be revealed over repeated listens. I love this record and need to give it much more attention. There is a real Canterbury feel to this record, i.e Caravan at their poppiest, and perhaps a bit of Belle & Sebastian as well. Fantastic record and get a 5/5 rating.

No comments: