Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

The Mantarays - Garden Of Light - Rough Peel Records RPR003 - New Zealand 2013


This three piece instrumental surf band hails from Wellington I believe, and this was their second LP from 2013, with my version being the limited to 150 copies blue version, which just goes to show how under appreciated this great music is that I can still pick up a limited edition copy something like four years after it was released. 
 The music is surf orientated but has a slightly more experimental bent in places and a little distortion on the guitar in places and there is no bass guitar, the third member playing organ. A little lofi, but in this country that is far from unusual, but the songs are all catchy and creative and I like this set a lot, will be looking out for their first record too, although that is ever rarer. Rating 3.5/5.

No comments: