Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Thursday, May 17, 2012

High On Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis (USA 2012)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review


01. Serums Of Liao
02. Bloody Knuckles
03. Fertile Green
04. Madness Of An Architect
05. Samsara
06. Spiritual Rights
07. King of Days
08. De Vermis Mysteriis
09. Romulus and Remus
10. Warhorn
Here is another album I stumbled across and remembered that I had reviewed their last release and had enjoyed it to some degree and remembered that there was also one classic excellent track that stood out above the rest. I was hoping for something of the same or better from this album, but after several listens in the iPod nothing really stood out from this average set of super heavy metal noise and I found myself loosing interest pretty quick. Fans of the band will no doubt be mostly pleased with this competent album, but for the casual listener(if this music could have such a thing) there is not much here to really excite. Rating 2.5/5.

No comments: