Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Cold Specks - I Predict A Graceful Expulsion

Another recent release.



I was working out at the gym the other day and I have to suffer the unending stream of indie pop/rock, R'n B and Rap that plays on the TV via the local music channel. I was thinking how so bloody boring and predictable is so much of the commercial tripe they play on these things. There are so many of these artists and they all start to sound the same. I think it takes something special to stand out from the crowd and it may not have to be totally original but occasionally someone pops up from the murky depths and impresses me immensely. Cold Specks was brought to my attention via an Uncut Magazine CD earlier this year and I finally got my hands on a copy of this debut last week. This woman has a great voice and has matched her soulful croon to some lovely laid back but richly textured folksy pop songs and has captured my interest and given me some wonderful music to enjoy. Rating 4/5.

No comments: