Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sun Ra - Concert For the Comet Kohoutek (USA 1973/1993)

The Sun Ra Discography.




Yep! More Sun Ra, quite a bunch have arrived over the last few weeks and I am still wading my way through them in random order now. This is another live recording from a period abound with live Ra recordings. I haven't much to say about this set, it is pretty standard fare for the period and the recording is of a reasonable quality and like so much of Sun Ra's output, focus and dedication is required to really get the most from his music. The electronic freeform sounds on "Journey through the outer Darkness" are very impressive and for me the highlight of this set and are one of the things that set Ra apart in the Jazz world. Still, another worthwhile addition to my collection and I will rate it 3/5.

No comments: