Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, January 12, 2018

A Dead Forest Index - All That Drifts From Summit Down - Sargent House SH51 - 2016 - New Zealand (vinyl)



Probably not really a review but more of a rave in regards to this record. Two brothers, Adam and Sam Sherry are the core of this band with a few friends helping out. Their first full album after some hard to find EP's we are presented here with a bunch of shoegazy dreamy pop songs of ethereal ambience and outstanding quality. The music is great, the poetic lyrics somewhat impenetrable but of quality, but the vocal harmonies are just phenomenal. I think Adam handles most of the singing with Sam occasionally backing, but it also sounds like Adam harmonizes with himself a lot of the time. I just can't express just how astonishing this record is, one of the best New Zealand albums I have ever heard and definitely a desert island disc. Rating 5+/5



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after
looking at some of the posts I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm certainly happy I discovered it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back
frequently!