Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers - Rolling Stones Records - UK 1971 (CD) Reissue 1994



What more can I say about an album like this, bugger all really. I am not a really big Stones fan but I do have some of their best albums in my collection. Of course this kicks off with one of those unavoidable classics which you would have to be living in a cave in Mongolia for the last 40 years, not to be familiar with. This album also has an real Americana vibe through it with it's shades of country as well as the excellent delta blues of " We Gotta Move" Consistently brilliant across its whole 46 minutes, but it's the center piece of the album that really blows my mind. The seven minute "Can You Hear Me Knocking" could possibly be the best things the Stones ever recorded with the great riff and the awesome extended atmospheric sax and guitar breaks. Although "Sister Morphine" slightly disappoints after being so familiar with Marianne Faithful's sublime version for so long, it still won't stop me giving this album 5/5.


https://www.discogs.com/The-Rolling-Stones-Sticky-Fingers/release/9792158

No comments: