Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Don McGlashan and the Others - Blue Smoke - Christchurch - 29 October 2020

 


The Don was hitting the road again, this time to showcase a whole album worth of new songs that were waiting to be recorded. It was a packed house at Blue Smoke as the support act Ryan Fisherman played a rather uninspiring set that sounded muddy and it was practically the last song he played that illicited any interest  from myself or my friends that I was with.

 Don hit the stage and announced that he and his band, with the impressive Shayne Carter on guitar, were going to play us 13 brand new songs that are most likely going to be on his next album. I was initially disappointed a little with this as myself and I am sure many others there would have liked to hear some of his older songs from his fantastic back catalog. Still, with these new songs, Don proved again what a great songwriter he is with his set showing us a glimpse of what looks like being yet another great McGlashan record.. After the 13 songs, the band then gave us a little bit of that excellent back catalog which really got the audience going wild, especially with the excellent version of "....Marsha....": Which I videoed and is posted below.. So in the end it was yet another excellent Don McGashan gig and I am looking forward to the next album.





No comments: