Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Mousey - Space Academy - Christchurch - 3 October 2020

 


This local lady is new to me and I was put onto her first album(which actually came out last year)by the staff at my local record emporium. I was quite impressed with her music and so took the opportunity to catch her live. She was even nominated for a Silver Scroll award for her first single off the album.

 Playing the small Space Academy, I arrived just past nine pm to catch the last part of the first act, a young lady playing solo on acoustic guitar, not sure her name. She was pleasant, but I was not really focused on her too much.

The next act was a 5 piece playing catchy indie pop. I can't for the life of me remember their name or find any reference to them on the gig websites but I did enjoy their energetic poppy music, their last song being their best.

 Mouse hit the stage just past 10pm to a 3/4 full venue and played a great set of new songs and stuff from the aforementioned album. She played mostly up tempo stuff to start with as she gauged the audience as wanting to dance and they played some great songs, the ones off her record were instantly recognizable even though I have only played it a few times and she has a great voice. One song finished with a stonking bass solo. The later part of her set was slower numbers and some ballad type stuff and she finished with a couple of solo acoustic numbers. Overall, like her record, it was even better than I expected.

No comments: