Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

John S Hall - Real Men (USA 1991)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review.


  1. Enjoy Your Tea
  2. Things
  3. Clarity Transcending Choice
  4. The Birds
  5. My Life
  6. How Much Longer
  7. Mr. Story
  8. Wind-up Toys
  9. Knowledge
  10. Garbage Party
  11. The Spanish Armada
  12. Hide the Knives
  13. Shit
  14. Everybody Screams Inside
  15. Pain & Pleasure
  16. The Party
  17. Columbus Day Weekend
  18. My Personal Life
  19. Francis Bacon
  20. Empty
  21. The Trees
  22. The Absolute
  23. Real Men
  24. Water
Got a brace of  albums that I have dredged out of the deep dark recesses of my hard drive for review this month, starting with this one which I may have had on CD at one stage or I downloaded it from emusic when I had a subscription with them several years ago. I only have time for a quick word on this one, especially as it ain't worth much more than a quick dis. I have enjoyed the music of  King Missile and also of Kramer when he was in Bongwarter, but this record totally fails to move me at all any more. I was once amused by Johns off the wall commentaries on this record and the infantile music samples Kramer backs him with but there is much more important and enjoyable music to explore from both these guys than this . My rating 1.5/5

    No comments: