Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Toshiko Akiyoshi - Interlude USA 1987

An Uncle Roddus Album Review

1. Interlude (4:41)
2. I Know Who Loves You (4:57)
3. Blue And Sentimental (4:53)
4. I Ain't Gonna Ask No More (5:40)
5. Pagliacci (4:47)
6. Solitude (5:38)
7. So In Love (4:45)
Another album that I believe I downloaded from Emusic quite some time ago and has been buried in my hard drive awaiting rediscovery and boy am I glad I have rediscovered it. This excellent jazz album played by a trio of  bass, drums and  Toshiko Akiyosh leading on piano has impressed me no end and is defiantly my album of the month. Awesome sound quality, great playing and a good selection of melodic numbers on this conventional contemporary jazz classic. Nothing new or ground breaking here just great music from great musicians and Toshiko is one of the few women in jazz playing at this level of excellence. My rating 5/5.       

Check this deleted masterpeice out Here
























No comments: