Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place A Note on my equipment: 1 Tetrabyte hard drive connected by USB to an Acer laptop, connected via USB to FUBAR II Digital Audio Converter, connected via RCA leads to Cyrus system with Tannoy Speakers, Choice!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Little Willie John - Fever:The Best Of Little Willie John (USA 1993)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review




After my little post on Little Willie John and Jack White I wanted to hear a bit more of this fellow's music and so tracked down this set that is considered to be the best compilation covering Little Willie John's short recording career. A wonderful blend of classic blues, jazz, soul and pop all blended to give us the classic sound of 50s R N' B. There is nothing today that can compare with this music, it is just fabulous and Little Willie is just a stunning soul belter. The highlight is still the magnificent " I'm Shakin' " and apart from the odd slower croon, of which I don't enjoy as much, the rest of this collection is not  too far behind in quality. A couple of tracks were familiar due to hearing others versions and of course we all know "Fever" well. Rating 4/5.

No comments: