Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Afro National - Tropical Funk music (Sierra Leone, 1977)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review
African Music Month


A1 Jokenge
A2 Mother In Law
A3 Gowa
A4 Money Palava 
A5 Yamba Lay 
A6 Gbaunkalay 
B1 Yorneh Yorneh 
B2 Kama Kama 
B3 Tollon Tollon 
B4 Elef Pan You

This is a great album. I was getting a sense of it during the week as I was working and now as I check it out on the big stereo I am enjoying this blend immensely. Funky, but more traditional than pure Afrobeat , a great sounding recording with excellent production and very strong songs. The album starts very strongly with "Jokenge" an uptempo beast with excellent female vocals and it seems to me that all the tracks with the female vocals are the best ones. Pretty much a toe tapper throughout and a pleasant surprise from Sierra Leone. Rating 4/5

Defiantly worth checking out Here

No comments: