Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Alhassan Ibrahim - Naa Mahama-Kpema (Ghana)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review
African music month
I don't seem to be having too much luck with the stuff I got off Awesome Tapes From Africa Blog lately. It is an excellent blog and well done with plenty of very obscure and unknown African music and I appreciate the effort. I don't really connect with traditional African music (although there are exceptions) and this is very traditional music. This consists mostly of Alhassan Ibrahim banging away on that thing he is holding under his arm in a fairly random sounding fashion interspersed with him singing unaccompanied in between his bursts if drumming. The whole lot sounds pretty much the same and I just don't really connect with it at all. it really is very tedious and I'll have to rate it 1/5.

Awesome Tapes From Africa explains the music briefly Here and now I can free up some more room on my hard drive.

No comments: