Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, June 13, 2011

Gangbe Brass Band - Assiko (Benin, 2008)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review
African Music Month
1. Nikki
2. La porte du non retour
3. Salam Alekoum
4. Miwa
5. Un été à Vodelée
6. Rakia
7. Beautiful Africa
8. Sida
9. Se
10. Sofada
11. Yonnatche
12. Mementon
A nice surprise this little gem from Benin, I just came across it very recently and thought it worth a listen to compare with some of the New Orleans Brass Bands I had checked out some time ago. There is a connection to those bands but of course with the African angle this works very well. Great production  and excellent playing adds to the enjoyable music presented on this disc and I think I might have to add this to my ever growing shopping list. highly recommended and rated 4/5

Have listen for yourself Here

No comments: