Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, October 1, 2012

Wanda Jackson with Jack White - The Party Ain't Over (USA 2011)

Uncle Roddus Album Of The Day


During my explorations of all things Jack White, I happened to come across this recent artifact. Now Jack has a bit of a history with older women, especially  septuagenarian country singers, with positive results. This set has some interesting covers with a mix of Wanda's original songs she has done in the past, along with some covers of other famous singers. Two of the best covers here are a very impressive take on Bob Dylan's recent "Thunder on the Mountain" and a fun cover of Johnny Cash's "Busted". The album rocks along nicely and is interspersed with plenty of great Jack White Guitar Pyrotechnics. Wanda is in great form and sounds like she has balls of energy, with age failing to hold her back. I have enjoyed this set and may have to purchase it to complete my Jack White collection.Rating 3.5/5.

No comments: