Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hoahio - Happy Mail (Japan 1997)

Uncle Roddus Mutant Sounds Album Of The Week





It's has been a difficult week to find much time to listen to this weeks collection of albums what with my very busy work schedule and a very good John Zorn CD turning up in the mail to side track me, but I have managed to assault the ears with this on occasion in dribs and drabs.  A weird collection of  Japanese electronica, it has some interesting moments, usually on the more slightly conventional songs like the quirky "Less Than Lovers, More Than Friends". Some of the more bizarre soundscapes though leave me mostly unimpressed, apart from the occasional cool sound effects and I haven't really connected with most of this set. A typically strange Japanese recording and gets a rating of 2/5.

No comments: