Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sun Ra - Four Classic Albums Plus Bonus Singles (USA 2013)

Uncle Roddus New CD Of The Week




I stumbled across this CD box set on Amazon recently and I decided to purchase it due to the very cheap price for 4 CDs and also due to one reviewer mentioning how good the sound quality was. I didn't have three of the albums and at that price I wasn't bothered that I now have three versions of "Jazz in Silhouette". The sound quality is pretty good but I was slightly disappointed by the bonus disc of singles as I already had all that stuff on CD. This has inspired me to start getting my hands on some more Sun Ra CDs as he is vastly under-represented in my collection. I will be reviewing his albums in their original forms although many come doubled on CD. This set is a good buy and I will give it a rating of 3.5/5 .

No comments: