Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Another Self Portrait - The Bootleg Series volume 10 - Bob Dylan (USA 2013)

Latest Addition to my CD collection.







The Dylan Bootleg series never fails to impress and this deluxe four CD issue of volume 10 impresses even more, especially the great packaging. 
The music sound quality is outstanding and the wonderful stripped down out-takes and unreleased gems that make up the first two discs is of the usual Bootleg series awesome quality. The extra discs with this deluxe addition consist of a live recording from the Isle of white in 1969 and a remastered version of the original "Self Portrait" album, which I hadn't heard before, and think it is a lot better than all the negative reviews in the past suggest. I'm not gonna say too much more about this as reams have already been written by more qualified than me, but I must rate this 5/5 and say it is a must for any serious Dylan fan.

No comments: