Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, June 3, 2013

VA - 1-2-3-4: Punk & New Wave 1976 - 1979 5 CD Box Set (UK 1999)

Off The Shelf





This box set I imported from Amazon several years ago and it is quite possibly the best compilation of the first wave of Punk and New Wave from England and The USA that I have heard. There are hundreds of compilations covering this period and style of music, but this one could be one of the most thorough. Many of the classics are there, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Stranglers, The Ramones et-al, as well as plenty of lesser known little gems of which there are too many to mention. I love this music, it was the soundtrack of my youth and my appreciation of this music has not diminished. An essential collection for anybody wanting to explore this type of music. Rating 5/5.

No comments: