Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, July 12, 2010

Holy Fuck - LP (Canada 2007)

Roddus Album Of The Day

  
1. Super Inuit (3:36)
2. Milkshake (3:31)
3. Frenchy's (2:56)
4. Lovely Alien (4:32)
5. The Pulse (5:58)
6. Royal Gregory (3:53)
7. Echo Sam (4:19)
8. Safari (4:26)
  9. Choppers (4:16)

This sort of lofi electronica has really failed to interest me much. Sort of similar to Fridge and Battles to name a couple to better groups. Checked it out on the strength of some reviews I read but it I have failed to connect with it. A couple of catchy and interesting numbers would sound good on some collage radio play list, "Lovely Alien" is pretty cool and well constructed with its cool string sound and the execution of the music is good. Its not a bad album in of itself, but not for me. Rating 2/5. With a name like that, they defiantly ain't going for massive global domination and radio play.

No comments: