Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Samsara Blues Experiment - Long Distance Trip (Germany 2010)

A Roddus Album Of The Day


1.Singata Mystic Queen (11:35)
2.Army Of Ignorance (4:35)
3.For The Lost Souls (9:55)
4.Center Of The Sun (13:07)
5.Wheel Of Life (4:27)
6.Double Freedom (22:43)

Came across this recent release on my travels and with such a cool name I thought I would give it a listen.
66 minutes of post grunge psychedelic space music. With its roots planted firmly in the 70s kraoutrock scene, but more towards the guitar orientated end and not the weird out end, these mostly extended jams do get more enjoyable with repeated listens. Plenty of good psyched out guitar playing on this so called stoner rock album to keep any guitar head happy. Possibly a bit long winded, so difficult to keep my attention for the whole album, another wall of sound album but not too strong on catchy melody's.A Roddus rating of 3/5
Check it out here


No comments: