Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Keith Jarrett - The Out Of Towners (USA 2004)

Roddus Album Of The Day


1. Intro / I Can't Believe That You're in Love With Me (12:10)
2. You've Changed (8:13)
3. I Love You (10:00)
4. The Out-of-Towners (19:45)
5. Five Brothers (11:12)
6. It's All in the Game (6:47)

I chose this album today because I happened to hear a track off it while doing last nights dinner dishes and was mightily impressed by what I heard. Modern Jazz with Jarrett on piano backed by bass and drums, this live album recorded in 2001 is an astonishing document of this trio and Keith's playing is outstanding throughout. A good mix of uptempo  numbers and ballads, this mix is for me an essential Jazz recording. I haven't been this impressed with a Jazz album for sometime. 5/5
If this sort of thing turns you on then I recommend having checking it out here

No comments: