Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, September 28, 2012

Don McGlashan - Warm Hand (New Zealand 2006)

Uncle Roddus Album Of The Day



Well, tonight I should have been enjoying Don playing a live solo gig, but I didn't get my tickets in time and it was sold out, so here I am writing my review of his first solo album after disbanding The Mutton Birds back in 02'. This is just classic Don doing what Don does best, weaving intricate stories within well crafted pop songs. I was pleasently surprised as to how good this set really is. At this stage of his career, and the fact that he's gone solo usually means a drop in quality for a lot of artists and although there don't appear to be any standout classics like before, overall this set is strong and remains so, throughout. Rating 4/5.

No comments: