Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

P.G.Six - Slightly Sorry (USA 2007)

Uncle Roddus Album Of The Day


01.Untitled Micro Mini [2:47]
02.The Dance [6:03]
03.Strange Messages [4:08]
04.Cover Art Reprised [1:59]
05.The End Of Winter [4:34]
06.I've Been Traveling [2:03]
07.Bless These Blues [4:04]
08.Not I The Seed [4:15]
09.Lily Of The West [5:19]
10.Sweet Music [3:41]

Today's CD brought to you by Uncut Magazine, as is a lot of the music I listen too these days. The wonderful "The Dance" was on one of Uncut's cover CDs some time back and quickly attracted my attention but it wasn't till I heard another of their songs on a more recent Uncut compilation that I really sat up and took notice. Actually managed to pick up the CD of this release in a second hand CD emporium. 
A lovely mellow laid back set this lot with some nice 70's style guitar licks, some male/female vocal harmonies and a strong folk feel to the minimal arrangements, all pulled of with style to make for a very enjoyable listen. Another fairly obscure modern indie group who deserve wider recognition on the strength of this album and get a Roddus rating of 4.5/5.  

No comments: