Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, February 1, 2013

Chute Libre - Chute Libre (France 1977)

What's Hot On The Uncle Roddus Stereo.


1. Black Sweat (2:47)
2. Jerba (3:49)
3. Tao (5:28)
4. Sainte Bernadette (4:41)
5. Flaucerto (2:30)
6. Penelope Au Balcon (5:47)
7. Spasmolune (7:12)
8. Jeremy (7:24)

Uncle Roddus has been playing over at Mutant Sounds Blog again and has been sampling their vast array of rare and obscure underground music of which they have nearly 3000 totally out there albums to keep obscure music hounds, like me, busy for decades to come.
This very cool French outfit has really caught my attention over the last few days and I keep coming back to re-sample their very accomplished flute and guitar driven funky, jazzy, prog rock fusion which sometimes reminds me of Deodato. This sort of music is a kinda precursor of Acid jazz. Any how 8 tracks of fantastically played fun just keep me coming back again and again for more and wishing like hell I could actually Get my hands on a physical copy of this album, but don't take my word for it, check out this gem over at Mutant Sounds and get into the groove, highly recommended and gets a Roddus rating of 4.5/5

No comments: