Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Beauty Room - The Beauty Room (UK 2006)

Uncle Roddus New CD of the week.





This one arrived in the post ahead of the John Zorn CD I purchased a couple of weeks earlier and is something I got onto for a while when it was released back in 2006 but then slipped off the radar so to speak. My interest was rekindled recently by the release of their second album which I have been enjoying on Spotify. This album is a very laid back and mellow take on some catchy pop tunes which give a big nod to Steely Dan. Such a big nod in fact that the vocalist sounds uncannily like Donald Fagan and Mrs. Roddus even thought it was the Dan. Anyhow that is not a bad thing and these guys make a truly beautiful noise that gently washes over you with a sense of relaxing pleasure. Normally music like this would be far too mellow and tame for my tastes but this set just hit the spot for me. A great record for a nice summers day on the lawn with some friends. Check it out, it won't disappoint. Rating 4/5.

No comments: