Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, August 12, 2013

John Zorn - Mount Analogue (USA 2012)

The John Zorn Discography.



So I am way off track with my John Zorn reviews as well  and getting back to the more recent end of his catalogue with this first release of 2012, where he released an album every month, if you count the Book Of Angels releases. 2013 Hasn't been quite so prolific so far but that is not surprising with all the 60th birthday celebration concerts happening round the world. So Mount Analogue is just one long track of just over 38 minutes and appears to be another release in his Mysticism series. I can't say I am particularly excited about the music presented here. There is aplenty happening throughout the piece which could have quite easily been broken down into shorter tracks, although there are several themes that reoccur throughout. As is usual for a Zorn release. the playing and sound quality are excellent and although I am enjoying this particular blend of Mystic jazz and world music, there is nothing here to rave about, although there are occasional moments certainly capture my attention. Another worthwhile addition to my collection though and get a rating of 3.5/5. 

No comments: