Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Saturday, August 17, 2013

John Zorn - Satyr's Play / Cerberus (USA 2011)

The John Zorn Discography.





Someone on Amazon gave this quite possibly the worst review I have seen of John's music, including my own negative appraisals of his very early game pieces. I think this deserves better appraisal. Although some of the animal sounds didn't really gel for me, there are some other sound effects in these soundscapes  that worked well enough and kept it interesting enough. Being a sort of soundtrack, the ambience of the music definitely has a feel that it should accompany a film and if you close you eyes you could create your own scenes to each particular piece. Another interesting work in Zorns huge and diverse cannon and I'll rate it 3/5.

No comments: