Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bad Brains - Bad Brains (USA 1982)

Another Roddus Album Of the Day



1. Sailin' On
2. Don't Need It
3. Attitude
4. The Regulator
5. Banned in D.C.
6. Jah Calling
7. Supertouch/Shitfit
8. Leaving Babylon
9. F.V.K. (Fearless Vampire Killers)
10. I
11. Big Take Over
12. Pay to Cum
13. Right Brigade
14. I Luv I Jah
15. Intro
16. Jah the Conqueror

Way back when I was around 15, I happened to be fortunate enough to hear Bad Brains first single played on an alternative music show on one of our local radio stations, and I was even more fortunate to actually get it on tape from that play, that night, cos it wasn't something I would properly hear again. That single, "Pay To Cum" was the fastest and heaviest slab of punk I had yet come across and I was knocked out by it. 28 years later, it still thrills me with its pure energy and passion and it certainly hasn't diminished too much in the intervening years. It was many many years later before I actually had a copy of that song on a proper disc(via a compilation) as it was almost impossible to buy their records here. Although the rest of Bad Brains debut album fails to reach the lofty heights of "Pay To Cum", it is still an exhilarating slab of hardcore US punk that rocks out superbly with some great guitar and plenty of good pop melody's as well as a mix of reggae/dub tracks to help break up the relentless onslaught of the hardcore stuff. There are no weak moments on this disc and it has stood up well from the test of time to become a classic of the genre My Rating 4.5/5

Listen to this cool album Here

No comments: