Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flux Of Pink Indians - Strive To Survive Causing The Least Suffering Possible (UK 1982)

Roddus Album Of The Day


1. Song For Them (0:37)
2. Charity Hilarity (1:29)
3. Some Of Us Scream, Some Of Us Shout (2:00)
4. Take Heed (2:30)
5. TV Dinners (4:35)
6. Tapioca Sunrise (4:36)
7. Progress (1:42)
8. They Lie We Die (3:07)
9. Blinded By Science (2:36)
10. Myxomatosis (2:18)
11. Is There Anybody There? (3:50)
12. The Fun Is Over (2:15)
13. Sick Butchers (2:27)
14. Background of Malfunction (2:47)
15. Neu Smell (0:36)
16. Tube Disasters (2:43)
17. Poem (0:44)

After the last two terrible "Roddus Albums of The Day", I deliberately picked an album for today that I know I liked. As well as being the debut LP by one of the best named bands ever, "Strive To Survive Causing The Least Suffering Possible" is one of the best Anarcho-Punk albums ever.
 Sometime in my early music collecting career, I brought an imported single on Crass Records, because I really dug Crass, called "Nu Smell", being the debut single by Flux Of  Pink Indians. Like Bad Brains "Pay to Cum" before it, this slab of  incendiary punk sent me into 7th heaven every  time I played it and almost 30 years later it still gets my adrenalin pumping. "Strive to Survive" continues on with the anti-establishmentarianism, anarcho-punk cum vegetarianism and anti- religionism of Flux' and although this music is agressive, its  has plenty of melody and great hooks to keep you interested and is a bit more diverse than your average wall of noise anarcho-punks. As I may have mentioned before, many years ago someone slightly older than me said I would grow out of this sort of music, and although I have grown into many other forms of music in the intervening 28 years, I still really dig  this album and will rate it 5+/5.
Listen to this masterpiece here and if you dig it as much as I do, buy it.

1 comment:

rinso said...

Thanks for passing this one on,this band got virtually no airplay at all,and it's a great LP!