Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, June 18, 2010

Cosa Nostra - Cosa Nostra (Mexico 1971)

Roddus Album Of The Day



1. Get Down And Do It (6:34)
2. Memory Of Your Touch (6:42)
3. I Like It Like That (3:22)
4. Somebody Been Sleepin On MY Bed (4:31)
5. Squeeze It Tight (6:12)
6. Proud Mary (4:01)
7. Cosa Nostra (5:13)
8. Change Of Mind (5:13)

Can't seem to find anything about this obscure artifact and I can't even remember from where I found it, possibly from the blog linked below, and I am not even sure what motivated me to check it out. It's been on my hard drive for a little while and today I was inspired enough to keep it playing on the ipod throughout out the day. There is not a lot here to indicate the Mexican origins of this LP, except the groovy Latin number "I Like It like That". Apart from that, the rest of the album is pretty much psychedelic soul infused funk, and pretty good funk at that. with some strong tracks that make me want to move and some enjoyable blues tinged psychedelic guitar breaks giving it that late 60s vibe. Also a bit if an early disco vibe to some tracks. Not a particularly serious band as indicated by some of the silly lyrics sung with funny voices, which while works ok, I feel it takes away from the more serious musical passages. The other slight let down is the schmaltzy ballad "Memory of Your Touch", but this is the only real low point of this interesting platter. My rating for this one is gonna be 3/5
Listen to this here

No comments: